In part 1 we looked at attaching elastic on the serger with the elastic foot. In part-two, this tip clip, we will use the Quartering Method on the serger to attach the elastic.
Welcome to my mini series Serger Tip Clips. I will be posting short videos over the next few months featuring serger how-to’s, tips, and techniques. Stay tuned weekly and visit my YouTube channel to post comments/questions.
• Available now! New Book: Serger Essentials Order Link: http://amzn.to/1Plk02x
Previous Tip Clips
- Tip Clip 1: Starter Fabric
- Tip Clip 2: The Thread Palette
- Tip Clip 3: Custom Fit Ready-to-Wear Sweaters
- Tip Clip 4: Shorten and Re-shape the Hem on a Ready-to-Wear Jersey
- Tip Clip 5: Shorten and Taper Sleeves on Ready-to-Wear
- Tip Clip 6: Handling Fabric
- Tip Clip 7: Gathering Fabric
- Tip Clip 8: Attach Ruffling Fabric to Flat Fabric in 1-Step
- Tip Clip 9: The Threat Net
- Tip Clip 10: Create a Narrow Hem with Fusible Thread
- Serger Tip Clip 11: Chain Stitch for Alterations
- Serger Tip Clip 12: Clearing the Threads
- Serger Tip Clip 13: Perfect Hem Results with the Fabric Guide
- Serger Tip Clip 14: The Serger Blanket Stitch
- Serger Tip Clip 15: Specialty Threads for Decorative Edges
- Serger Tip Clip 16: The Elastic Foot
Learn how to use your serger to its full potential!
The serger is the most versatile tool a sewist can use, capable of hemming, seaming, decorative finishes and more. Author Gail Yellen is here to demystify the serger and help you get the most out of your machine! By familiarizing yourself with the various components and how they affect the stitch, you’ll tackle new stitches and techniques with a new enthusiasm.
Thread blending with The Thread Palette is a beautiful way to incorporate multiple colors and textures of threads in decorative serger stitching. Unlike variegated thread (left), thread blending gives a subtle continuous blending of colors (right) rather than color blocking.
What is Cosmetic Serger-y? It’s the blending of construction and decorative serger techniques. Whether you’re a new serger owner or have been using one for years, you’ll learn some very cool techniques. Your serger will become an important tool in your embellishment arsenal adding new dimension to garments, quilts and home décor projects!
Purchase The Cosmetic Serger-y DVD and take your artistry to a whole new level!